The membership list (the record of the members' names, addresses, email, and other personal information) of the Bemidji Town and Country Club is a corporate asset. This list, or any part of it, may not be obtained or used by any person for any purpose not reasonably related to a member's interest as a member, without the consent of the Board of Directors.
- Golfers will adhere to the USGA Rules of Golf to further the tradition and integrity of the game. Proper Golf Etiquette is to be practiced at all times on the golf course.
- All players commencing play during Pro Shop hours of operation must check in first in the Pro Shop.
- The Golf Professional shall be the representative of the Board of Directors in connection with the daily play on the golf course. In the absence of the Golf Professional, the representative on duty shall assume the responsibilities defined herein.
- Speed of Play: All groups are required to play in 4 hours and 15 minutes or less. Groups that cannot play at this pace should let faster players play through. Groups of 2 or less assume no priority on the course.
- Fivesomes are allowed as long as they can play within the Speed of Play.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the club buildings. Players smoking on the course are expected to deposit cigarette and cigar butts in the trash receptacles in teeing ground areas.
- Rakes should be placed outside of the bunkers.
- USE OF POWER CARTS
a. Golf carts must be kept off all teeing grounds, out of all bunkers, and are restricted from coming closer than 50 feet to all greens complexes at all times. Carts must stay on the paths at all times on par 3 holes.
b. The trail fee for carts that BTCC does not own will be the same as our current 18-hole rate for two people.
c. Only two people are allowed on a cart at one time.
d. You must have a drivers license to operate a golf car.
e. Please make an effort to observe the 90 degree cart rule when using the fairway.
- SEASON CARTS
a. Season Cart riders have the use of one seat on a cart for playing purposes only for the entire season. If anyone rides in the other seat, they must pay the standard rate. Couple Season Cart riders may use two carts providing that anyone riding in the other seat pays the standard rate. Season Carts only apply during playing of a round and not for spectating or any other purpose.
b. Season Cart riders must pair up on carts. There cannot be more than one cart in a group at any time with only one rider.
- DRIVING RANGE
a. The driving range can be used by golfers who either have a season range pass or who have paid for a bag of balls. Season range pass holders are encouraged to bring to the proshop any bags of balls left on the range tee. The fact that balls have been left on the range tee does not imply that people who are not season range pass holders may hit them free of charge.
b. The range is open from the time the proshop opens until 1 hour before dark. There may be instances where the range closes earlier than 1 hour before dark such as a 'clean pick' before the range is mowed.
c. The teaching of golf on the range for income is reserved only to golf professionals employed by the club or to golf coaches.
- Please keep pull carts off of tees, greens and collars.
- Tee times can be made by calling the proshop. Please indicate the number of players in your group. If the size of your groups changes, please call the proshop and inform them of the change.
- If you cannot make your tee time, you MUST call the proshop and cancel your time. Any member who fails to cancel their time more than once a season risks losing their tee time making privileges.
- Groups less than 4 may be asked to pair up. It is the sole discretion of the proshop to pair up players.
Junior Member Rules & Regulations
- See junior rules pamphlet: tee times, use of clubhouse on men's night, etc.
- Adult members are allowed to charge all golf, proshop and clubhouse purchases. Members must keep their account balance current or else playing and charge privileges may be suspended. Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card and can be made at either the office or the proshop. Payment may also be made online at members.bemidjigolf.com
- Members MUST fill out a membership form before playing their first round of golf. Players that do not fill out a form will be charged green fees. Food assessment cannot be used until a membership form is submitted.
- Finance charges will be assessed for accounts 30 days past due.
Course Availability & Hours of Operation
- Clubhouse, proshop and driving range hours will be posted at a later date.
Five Round Rule
- Anyone who has a principal address that is a Bemidji mailing address (56601 or 56619 zip code) may only play 5 rounds between Memorial Day and Labor Day without being a member. Rounds played in The Birchmont, The Vandersluis and fundraisers do not count in determining the five rounds.
Posting Scores for Handicap Purposes
- Most of our Club Events require that you have a current and accurate handicap. All members (excluding juniors) receive free handicap service from GHIN. Juniors may pay a fee of $20 for a handicap.
- Players must post scores from all rounds that have completed 13 holes or more in either match play or stroke play.
- Equitable Stroke Control must be used.
- The Handicap Committee has the authority to assess penalty scores for players not posting scores.
- The Handicap Committee has the authority to make an adjustment to a player's handicap if they feel the handicap does not represent their ability.
- A minimum of 5, 18-hole scores are required for a valid handicap
- Players who did not post their score in the proshop may post them online at www.ghin.com
- Please ask one of the golf professionals for assistance on posting, using Equitable Stroke Control and other questions about handicaps.
- All beverages consumed on the premises MUST be purchased at the BTCC clubhouse.
- In order that charges are applied to the proper account, members when charging clubhouse purchases must:
a. Sign their receipt
b. Print their name on the receipt
c. Put their member number on the receipt
- No charges shall be made to any member's account in absentia without the member's authorization for the day the charges are incurred.
- The entire clubhouse, deck and patio area are available for use or rent for non-golf events. The Club shall make every effort to make available services and space for members during scheduled non-golf events. If the non-golf event is such that it occupies the entire facility, the Board of Directors shall review the event and if approved, the membership will be notified in advance of the unavailability of the clubhouse, deck and patio areas and its services. People attending non-golf events are the guests of BT&CC and their privacy is to respected.
- "Last Call" will be made no later than 12:30 am and all customers must be out of the clubhouse by 1:00 am.
- The Clubhouse is to remain smoke-free at all times.
All adult members will receive the following benefits of membership:
- Tee Time Preference
- 20% Proshop discount on all regularly priced clothing3. 10% bonus credit on food assessment. Members are allowed to purchase one additional food assessment during the year. e.g. Pay $175 food assessment, receive $192.50 food.4. Clubhouse rental discount of 10%5. 5, $15 Discount Coupons for each adult member to be used on 18 hole green fees.6. Handicap Service. This service is available to non-adult members and guests for an annual fee of $30
Code of Conduct
All Golfers shall strictly adhere to the Rules of Golf and practice good Golf Etiquette, respecting fellow Golfers and the Golf Course itself.
Proper attire shall be:
- Shirts and proper foot attire must be worn at all times.
Members shall not engage in loud, abusive, obscene, or offensive language, to include racial, ethnic, or sexually charged comments. Such conduct shall not be tolerated at any time on the Club premises.
Abusive behavior or physical contact shall not be directed toward another Member, Guest, or Club Employee.
Members shall not reprimand or attempt to discipline any Employee of the Club. Any complaints regarding any Employee shall be reported to the appropriate Manager on duty or to the Board of Directors in writing.
It is the policy of this Club not to tolerate conduct by a Member, which harasses, disrupts, or interferes with the Employee's work performance, or which creates an intimidating or hostile environment.
Any Member or Guest who appears intoxicated shall not be served any alcoholic beverage on the Club premises. The bartender or management shall have the discretionary authority to refuse service of any alcoholic beverage to any Member or Guest.
It is the policy of the Club to maintain a drug free workplace and environment. The possession or use of any controlled substance on Club premises is strictly prohibited.
Conduct that results in theft, vandalism, or unauthorized use of Club property, or of any other entity, is prohibited.
Any Member who violates these rules may be subject to discipline, including, but not be limited to, formal notice of rules violation, denial of club privileges, suspension, or termination of membership.